The DARWIN check-out has been designed for you to learn pitching to investors by starting with the most friendly investor audience you’ll ever have: your friends and family.
What is it?
The DARWIN check-out is step 3 in your budding Asset Manager career after:
It’s designed for you to learn pitching to investors by starting with the most friendly investor audience you’ll ever have: your friends and family.
And it works by showcasing your DARWIN:
- On mobile
- To family, over dinner
- Friends in the gym?
- Simply: it showcases only the information a new investor expects before committing capital (=trust!) to an investment product.
- To the Point: your father-in-law will just see a clear call to invest (demo, for the time being), and 3 clicks after your DARWIN is in his demo portfolio.
- Ideally Forever: Your friends and family will safely carry you in their “Darwinex for investors” Android / iOS app – track.
Whether or not they eventually add to their investment = TRUST is now 100% up to you.
How to Use It?
- Find your check-out URL in the sharing settings of your DARWIN page.
- Have a look at it and please share your feedback (email@example.com). Request features, react to what others requestand we’ll add them to the next evolution of the check-out!
If you’re unsure about the legal status when pitching to your investors, soon we’ll publish a brief explanatory video that covers why you’re squarely on the right side of legality and morality.
In short, you’re safe as long as you don’t pitch your DARWIN “by way of business”. You can pitch it in your private circles but when you mention it on a public forum (your website, social media, YouTube, etc.) you should always clarify that you’re not giving investment advice.
DARWIN Check-out – Why?
Darwinex fast-tracks manager “investability” because the faster managers mature, the better for them, investors, Darwinex and the broader Alpha eco-system.
Alas, most managers equate “investable = building a good track-record”… and yet this is only part of the equation.
Moreover, it may not even be the most important part – if it were, most hedge Funds wouldn’t fail for operational failures or lack of investor capital.
This makes Investor AuM – NOT performance – are the ONE thing that makes everything else either much simpler or unnecessary for an aspiring hedge fund manager, because:
- Investor AuM generate revenues,
- Buy you time and peace of mind to profit when markets move
- Pay for cheap and scalable processes
Our Fintech facilitates your ONE thing through:
- The “Fin” layer -> our trading charges include regulatory cover to monetize Investor AuM
- The “Tech” layer -> our tech stack powers a Hedge Fund as a Service (Prime Broker, Front, Middle & Back-office technology) at 0 up-front or fix running costs
And here’s where you come in – for you to reap investor AuM, you must first seed TRUST.
How to source Investor AuM?
That’s precisely the WRONG question to be asking.
Investor AuM is the outcome of a process fuelled by investor confidence – which is an asset you build one step at a time, in an endless manager tit for investor tat improvement loop:
- Tit: Manager delivers performance (= builds trust)
- Tat: Investors increase allocation (= rewards trust)
Note that it’s tough to get going, but also investor AuM are so powerful because they beget a self-fulfilling prophecy:
- the more investor AuM, the more revenue per unit of Alpha,
- the more time & inner-confidence invested in your Alpha, the more robust your Alpha, the more AuM, repeat.
Like everything in life, the toughest step is not the last, but the first. When it comes to landing your first EUR/GBP/USD under management – note the infinite distance between
- Almost trusting = almost investing and
- not investing = not trusting
Introducing the DARWIN Check-out
The only way to overcome this chasm is layer by layer
- One: De-couple your “manager” self from your “investor” self – which makes you your first investor in yourself. This is the first milestone in your Alpha Race.
- Two: Every DARWIN is eligible for Darwinia, which lines you up nicely for the next Layer – Darwinex backs you with their capital, because you backed yourself
- Three: Cherish your DARWIN, because it’s designed from the ground up to get you from
- Your first 2 (yourself + Darwinia)
- Your first 3 investor
If you want anyone to trust you, start by trusting yourself, do your best to deliver on that trust, and the rest will follow.
This is the reason why Darwinex will expect you to back yourself first, before Darwinia backs you – and then you’ll have to leverage your Check-out to legally go pitch your Friends & Family: after all, if they don’t trust you, neither will anyone else in the world.