We explain how often our metrics and graphs get updated.
Darwinex is capable of analysing multiple characteristics of a trading strategy to tell a lucky strategy apart from one that is talented.
Our ultimate aim is to offer live analytics. Currently, there are different levels of update frequencies.
Note that to analyse the development of a trading strategy, we take its equity as the basis. In other words, we take into account both the results of the closed trades as well as the value of the open trades.
Types of Metrics and Updates
Currently, we work with are four types of update frequencies.
- VaR and D-Leverage. The VaR, and the D-Leverage for all accounts with DARWIN are updated live. This data is not visible to our users but is used by the risk manager.
- DARWIN quotes. DARWIN quotes and returns are updated every 30 seconds.
- DARWIN drawdown, investment and certain graphs are updates once an hour.
- DARWIN graphs, tables and scores and analysis of strategies without DARWIN. These are updated once a day during the European nighttime. Priority is given to the analysis of live trading accounts as opposed to demo trading accounts.
Additional information of interest
- Last three positions hidden. As an additional protection mechanism of traders' intellectual property, the last three positions of trading strategies are never shown publicly.
- Trading Journal. The Trading Journal, is updated once a day during the European nighttime.
- Additional privacy protection. Hiding the last 3 position already prevents others from fraudulently copying a strategy outside of the Darwinex platform. However, traders can activate additional protection levels under their strategy's privacy settings.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about the Investable Attributes and the D-Score, as well as other tools to carry out a fundamental analysis of any trading strategy, we recommend this webinar recording.