Short guide about opening and using live trading accounts at Darwinex.
Before being able to open a live trading accounts, you'll need to have undergone our validation procedure and have a verified Darwinex account.
- How to open live trading accounts
- Trading accounts available for DARWIN creation
- How to add / withdraw funds to / from your trading accounts
- Your account's analysis page
- Your strategy in the site's Search feature
- Privacy levels for trading strategies
- Deleting live trading accounts
1. How to open live trading accounts
You can open as many live trading accounts, both MT4 and/or MT5, as you like.
To open a live Metatrader account with Darwinex, log in to the platform -> Click the tab "Trading" -> Click "Trading accounts". It's not possible to open a Darwinex trading account directly from the Metatrader terminals.
When creating the live Metatrader account, you'll have to select the type of assets you will trade;
- Forex, indices, commodities
It's not possible to trade all groups on the same account. Once you've created the account, you'll not be able to switch from one group to the other.
You'll be provided with your account login and password, the server you'll need to connect to and a link to download the respective platform (MT4 or MT5).
This same information will be also sent to you per email.
2. Trading accounts available for DARWIN creation
It's possible to create DARWIN from any live Darwinex Metatrader account which trades Forex, indices, commodities and stocks but not from accounts which trade cryptocurrencies. Stock DARWINs are in beta mode and are not investable yet.
There is a restriction on accounts trading IBEX when it comes to creating a DARWIN. SPA35 is enabled manually upon request since we have not managed to adapt our risk manager to its timetable yet. Therefore, although you can create a DARWIN from an MT4/MT5 strategy which has traded the IBEX, once the DARWIN has been created, that asset will be disabled on the underlying strategy (unless the user decides to continue trading it and not go ahead with the DARWIN).
3. How to add / withdraw funds to / from your trading accounts
You can add / withdraw funds to / from your trading account using the "Manage funds" button in your wallet.
If there are open trades in your trading account, only 0.8*Free Margin of the account can be withdrawn to the wallet.
Between 21:00 and 22:00 UTC in summer and 22:00 and 23:00 UTC in winter transfers from the trading accounts to the wallet are blocked on account of the fact that dividends are paid / charged during this hour.
4. Your account's analysis page
Clicking your strategy on the trader summary page will load the account's analysis page on the Darwinex platform.
Darwinex trading accounts will be automatically analyzed from the day after the first trade is placed on the account.
Charts and Attribute scores get updated daily accounting for position at end-of-day (21:00 UTC) including open trades. The actual analysis is done during the night and becomes visible in the morning.
5. Your strategy in the site's Search feature
By default, a trading strategy's analysis page will be searchable by its name.
6. Privacy levels for trading strategies
Privacy levels can be set up from the strategy's analysis page. We offer three levels of control over your intellectual property.
- Hide strategy. For traders who don’t have a DARWIN yet, we offer the option to hide all the details of your trading strategy. Upon activating this feature, other users will not be able to find your strategy in the Darwinex search engine not even if they know its name.
- Hide trading journal. Other users will not be able to see the details of any of your trades in your trading journal. If you don't activate this option, by default the last 3 positions will be hidden in order to protect your intellectual property and to avoid anyone being able to copy your trading.
- Hide assets traded. Other users will not be able to see the assets you have traded on in any of the graphs/statistics for your strategy or for your DARWIN.
7. Deleting live trading accounts
MT4/MT5 accounts can be deleted from the strategy analysis page after having withdrawn any funds from them to the wallet.