One of the clear advantages of DARWINs is the fact that they are 100% liquid assets. This means they can be bought and sold at any time, except under a few circumstances.
What is it?
As with any other financial asset, when you want to invest in a DARWIN you must buy it, and when you want to liquidate your investment, or reduce it, you will have to sell it.
One of the clear advantages of DARWINs is the fact that they are 100% liquid assets. This means they can be bought and sold at any time, except under a few circumstances, which we will explain in more detail further on.
How to buy a DARWIN?
These are the steps which you have to follow to buy a DARWIN.
Look at the DARWIN's page which you want to invest in and click on TRADE.
Enter the amount which you want to invest, which must be above 200 EUR/USD/GBP. Remember that it is better to diversify your investment in a portfolio made up of various DARWINs which are the most decorrelated possible.
Once the DARWIN has been bought, you will receive a notification similar to the screenshot shown below, where you can check all details for your investment.
You now have the DARWIN in your portfolio. You can follow their progress, sell them, add a Stop Loss, a Take Profit, or invest more capital in this DARWIN by clicking on TRADE. Remember that if you are investing in a DARWIN, the minimum capital required to increase the investment is 25 EUR/USD/GBP.
When can you buy and sell DARWINs?
A DARWIN is a 100% liquid financial asset, which can be bought and sold instantly, except:
- Market closure. If the DARWIN trades assets which are listed on a market which is temporally closed, whether it be for a bank holiday, a weekend, or between the hours of 17:10 and 18:00 (NY time) for certain asset with time restrictions, then these DARWIN cannot be bought or sold until the market has reopened again.
- During market rollover. As a means of protecting investors, and due to the noticeable decrease in liquidity in the market, between 16:59 and 17:05 (NY time), the Darwinex market will remain closed. The only exception will be Friday night, when the market will close at 16:55 instead of 16:59 (NY time).
It is useful to know that
- The minimum amount to have invested in a DARWIN is 200 units of your Wallet's base currency, and in increments of 25 for subsequent investments or partial closures.
- The maximum amount to invest in a DARWIN is 100,000 units of your Wallet's base currency. Get in touch with us if you wish to make an investment above this amount so we can review your case.
- If you have made various investments in the same DARWIN and you wish to make a partial closure of the same DARWIN, Darwinex will apply the FIFO rule (First In, First Out), in other words, the oldest investment will be the first one to be closed, and then the next investments based on the investment date of the DARWIN
- The profits generated with a DARWIN will be automatically reinvested.