We explain how to add/withdraw funds and how to move them between the different trading/investment accounts.
1. How does the wallet work?
The wallet is the central hub for your monies held with Darwinex.
1.1 Add funds to your wallet
Your wallet can be funded by yourself, or by Darwinex.
- You can credit your wallet by sending money to Darwinex using the available deposit methods. Check out our deposit methods
- Besides, any monies earned, e.g. as Performance Fees, will be credited automatically in your wallet when they are due. Once credited, they'll be fully available for you to use as you see fit.
1.2 Moving funds between the wallet and your trading/investment accounts
You may move funds between your wallet and your trading or investment portfolios straight from your wallet.
However, there are a few restrictions that may affect transfers from trading accounts to the wallet:
- If there are open trades in a Metatrader account, only 0.8 * free margin of the account can be withdrawn to the wallet.
- Between 21:00 and 22:00 UTC in the summertime, and 22:00 and 23:00 UTC in wintertime, transfers from the trading accounts to your wallet are blocked because dividends on indices are paid/charged during this hour.
1.3 Withdraw funds from your wallet
You can withdraw funds from your wallet using the available withdrawal methods.
2. Deposit and withdraw money
2.1 Minimum amounts
The minimum amount for your first deposit is:
- 500 EUR / USD / GBP for individual or joint accounts
- 10,000 EUR / USD / GBP for corporate accounts
The minimum amount for subsequent deposits is 100 EUR / USD / GBP, except for bank transfers, which is always 500 EUR / USD / GBP.
The minimum amount for withdrawals is 10 EUR / USD / GBP.
2.2 Deposit methods*
Funds can be deposited from bank accounts whose holder matches the identity of the Darwinex account holder.
You can also deposit from Mastercard and Visa credit/debit cards that have the 3D Secure system activated, as well as through Skrill up to the limits indicated in the deposits and withdrawals table.
These limits are not "per month or year", but per user. We are strict in this regard so we ask that you use the card or Skrill methods only for urgent deposits.
*Important: Kindly note that the deposit methods available vary depending on your country and the Darwinex entity you registered with (FCA or EU regulated entity). Please review our deposits and withdrawals table to see which methods are available in your specific situation.
2.3 Withdrawal methods**
All our available deposit methods are also available to withdraw with the following specifications:
- In the first withdrawal of funds by bank transfer we will request a bank statement to verify that the account holder to which the withdrawal is sent matches the identity of the account holder in Darwinex. These verifications are typically processed within one business day.
- In the case of deposits made by card or Skrill, they must be withdrawn:
- To the same card they were deposited from
- To the same Skrill account to the same account they came from
*Important: Kindly note that the withdrawal methods available vary depending on your country and the Darwinex entity you registered with (FCA or EU regulated entity). Please review our deposits and withdrawals table to see which methods are available in your specific situation.
2.4 Fees for depositing and withdrawing money
Darwinex does not charge any commission for your deposits except in the following cases:
- Deposits in USD by bank transfer of fewer than 2,000 USD (charges from our bank may apply)
- In Skrill deposits, we pass on 0.5% of Skrill's commission to the client.
As per your withdrawals, we pass on to the client the costs that we incur in each withdrawal as indicated in the table of deposits and withdrawals.
Check our deposits and withdrawals table
Are you going to transfer money from Bankinter, Bankia or Abanca?
Our users have reported that these entities may apply high fees when transferring money to UK banks despite being a SEPA country.
2.5 What is 3D Secure?
Darwinex only allows online deposit methods with 3D Secure double authentication.
This system adds additional security in deposits with VISA / Mastercard, which protects the user from possible irregular uses of their card.
During the card deposit process, you will be asked for a security code. Your card issuer will generally send it to you by SMS. By verifying the code, the card issuer will authorize the transaction within seconds.
Please contact your bank if your card does not have the 3D security system activated.
2.6 Add bank account for withdrawals
To comply with the regulations on the prevention of money laundering, before being able to place a withdrawal order, users will have to upload a bank statement with the bank account number which will verify that the owner of both the bank account and the Darwinex account is the same person.
This step is necessary even if the withdrawal would go to the same bank account from which the deposit was ordered.
Account verification by us may take up to 1 business day. Once verified, you will receive a confirmation email, the account will be added to in your user's profile, and the withdrawal can be requested.
Bank accounts can be added from your "Bank accounts" section.
We process withdrawals within 1 business day.
When a withdrawal order is processed, the user will receive a confirmation by email.
From that moment it will take between 1-3 business days before the money reaches the beneficiary's bank account.